The 2012 Infiniti Lineup: Charting the Changes
Following the 2011 introduction of two next-generation redesigns, the Infiniti M and Infiniti QX, and two highly significant model line extensions in the form of the Infiniti G25 Sedan and Infiniti M Hybrid, the Infiniti lineup enters the 2012 model year with a number of product enhancements – led by a refreshed front exterior design for the Infiniti FX. Key changes to the 2012 Infiniti lineup include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Infiniti M – All-new 360-horsepower, 32-mpg M Hybrid. Enhancements to the rest of the Infiniti M line include a new 18-inch Wheel Package, the combining of the previous M56 Sport and Sport Touring Packages into a single Sport Package, and the availability of the Graphite interior for models equipped with the Deluxe Touring Package. Available now.
- Infiniti G Sedan – Content refinements to the Limited Edition and Sport Appearance Edition. The G37 Limited Edition adds a new Graphite interior color (replaces the previous Monaco Red interior), a Black Obsidian exterior color and dark-finish 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. The G37 Sport Appearance Edition model changes include a new Midnight Black grille. Other 2012 refinements include one new exterior color, Malbec Black. Available September 2011.
- Infiniti G Coupe – No major refinements for the new model year. Available September 2011.
- Infiniti G Convertible – Changes include the addition of a standard spare tire (replacing the previous repair kit). In addition, the previous Limited Edition package is no longer available. Available September 2011.
- Infiniti QX – Enhancements include the addition of Blind Spot Intervention™ to the Technology Package, the addition of the Bose® Cabin Surround® sound system with 15 speakers (two additional for 2012) to the Deluxe Touring Package, the addition of heated second row seats and remote tip-up second row seats to the Theater Package (from the Deluxe Touring Package) and the addition of headlight washers to QX56 2WD models with Deluxe Touring Package. The 22-inch Wheel Package (introduced in late 2011) carries over to 2012. Available August2011.
- Infiniti FX – Revised front grille and front fascia design, revised meter illumination, standard heated front seats on all models and the addition of a new “Limited Edition” for the FX35 AWD. The Limited Edition includes an extensive list of special features, starting with an exclusive Iridium Blue exterior color, 21-inch 10-spoke dark finish aluminum-alloy turbine wheels, Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System, and Around View® Monitor. Other 2012 Infiniti FX enhancements include a new exterior color, Graphite Shadow (replaces Platinum Graphite), a new 20-inch wheel design for the FX35 Deluxe Touring Package, the addition of Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) to the FX50 Sport Package, and a shift of the quilted leather climate-controlled front seats to the FX35 Deluxe Touring Package from the Premium Package. Available October 2011.
Following is a more detailed overview of Infiniti products for the 2012 model year:
- Infiniti EX – Enhancements for the new model year include the addition of HomeLink® Universal Transceiver as standard equipment on the EX35 Journey (previously part of the Deluxe Touring Package). Available September 2011.
- Infiniti JX – The all-new Infiniti JX 7-passenger luxury crossover is set to be previewed at the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, prior to its global debut at the upcoming Los Angeles Auto Show in readiness for a spring 2012 introduction as a 2013 model. The new Infiniti JX is designed to push the boundaries of what a luxury crossover can be – with signature styling cues of the brand, such as dynamic and elegant line treatments inspired by nature. It will feature a stunning interior, while offering exceptional seating flexibility, easy access to the roomy 3rd row, plus the latest in-vehicle technology – including advanced telematics. More details will be released as they become available.
2012 Infiniti M
Launched in spring 2011 in conjunction with the arrival of the new 2012 Infiniti M Hybrid, the Infiniti M is a showcase for Infiniti’s advanced, user-focused technologies, including:
- Infiniti Drive Mode Selector, a four-mode driver-selectable control of throttle and transmission mapping that helps optimize vehicle performance.
- Active Noise Control, which reduces undesirable engine harmonics, providing a quieter cabin.
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW), which helps alert the driver if another vehicle is detected in the blind spot area; Blind Spot Intervention™ (BSI), a world’s first system that, in addition to the Blind Spot Warning, helps the driver return the vehicle back toward the center of the lane of travel.
- Forest Air™ system, which helps reduce the intrusion of unpleasant odors into the cabin and provides natural “breeze-like” airflow.
- Eco Pedal, which provides driver feedback to encourage eco-driving behavior
- Active Trace Control, which adjusts engine torque and the control of braking at each of the four wheels to help enhance cornering performance.
The 2012 M also offers a next-generation Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System, Bose® Studio Surround® premium audio system, Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) systems, Distance Control Assist (DCA), Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts.
The M’s dramatic, sports styling provides a coefficient of drag of just 0.27 Cd (0.26 for M Hybrid), while the roomy, comfortable interior environment features standard leather-appointed seating, standard Japanese Ash wood trim or available silver powdered genuine White Ash wood trim and available premium audio and climate control systems. Key standard features include Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and power sliding glass tinted moonroof.
As Infiniti’s first-ever hybrid, the 2012 Infiniti Hybrid delivers V8 performance with 4-cylinder fuel efficiency. Powered by the Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid™ System, the Infiniti M Hybrid is the first V6 true luxury performance “driver’s” hybrid – and the only such vehicle to offer more than 350 horsepower (360 net horsepower) and 32 mpg fuel economy. Estimated fuel economy is 27 mpg City, 32 mpg Highway, with Combined fuel economy rated at 29 mpg.
In addition to the M Hybrid, the 2012 Infiniti M is available in M37 and M56 model designations, with rear-wheel drive or Infiniti’s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system. The M37 features a 330-horsepower 3.7-liter V6 engine, while the M56 offers a 420-horsepower 5.6-liter V8. Both engines feature Infiniti’s advanced VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) system and all models are equipped with a standard 7-speed automatic transmission. A special Sport Package, offered on rear-wheel drive models, offers 4-Wheel Active Steer (4WAS), sport-tuned suspension, Sport Brakes and 20-inch wheels and tires.
Enhancements for the 2012 model (non-Hybrid) include the addition of a new 18-inch Wheel Package, the combining of the previous M56 Sport and Sport Touring Packages into a single Sport Package, and the availability of the Graphite interior for models equipped with the Deluxe Touring Package (a total of four interior colors – Stone, Java, Wheat and Graphite – are offered depending on model).
The 2012 Infiniti M is available in five models: M37 RWD, M37x AWD, M56 RWD, M56x AWD and M35h RWD with 3.5-liter Direct Response Hybrid™ System. It is on sale now at Infiniti retailers nationwide.
2012 INFINITI G LINE
For 2012, the popular Infiniti G once again is offered in three body configurations – G Sedan, G Coupe and G Convertible, each powered by a proven 3.7-liter V6. In addition, the G Sedan is available with a 2.5-liter V6 (designated the G25 Sedan). Full information on each follows.
2012 Infiniti G Sedan
Following the 2011 introduction of new “Limited Edition” and “Sport Appearance Edition” with special content features – and the 2.5-liter V6 equipped Infiniti G25 Sedan – the major enhancements for the 2012 model year focus on content refinements to the Limited Edition and Sport Appearance Edition.
The G37 Limited Edition adds a new Graphite interior color (replaces the previous Monaco Red interior), a Black Obsidian exterior color and dark-finish 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. The G37 Sport Appearance Edition model changes include a new Midnight Black grille. Other 2012 refinements include one new exterior color, Malbec Black, for all models (excluding G25, Limited Edition and Sport Appearance Edition).
Key highlights of the 2012 Infiniti G Sedan include:
- The Infiniti G25 Sedan shares the same dynamic exterior, interior and chassis as the G37, but with a smaller displacement engine. The 2.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 produces 218 horsepower and 187 lb-ft of torque. The G25 Sedan comes with a standard 7-speed automatic transmission and is available in both rear-wheel drive and intelligent all-wheel drive.
- The Infiniti G37 Sedan features a 328-horsepower 3.7-liter “VVEL” V6 and choice of 7-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmissions, along with available sport brakes and 18-inch wheels (Sport Package).
- Every 2012 G Sedan offers the proven FM (Front Mid-ship) platform featuring a 4-wheel independent suspension with lightweight aluminum components– to provide responsive acceleration and agile handling. The G Sedan AWD models add Infiniti’s “intelligent” ATTESA E-TS? all-wheel drive system.
- All 2012 G models continue to offer a strikingly seductive exterior, defined by its sleek wave-form hood, signature G-style taillights and raked A-pillars and athletic stance.
- Inside, the G Sedan provides a crafted, heritage-inspired interior environment and luxury features such as standard leather-appointed seating and an available audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels? by Bose?.
- Advanced technologies include Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition and available RearView Monitor; a touch screen Infiniti Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® real-time traffic information (XM® subscription required, sold separately); and Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking.
The 2012 Infiniti G Sedan is offered in 10 well-equipped versions: G25 Sedan, G25 Sedan Journey, G25x Sedan AWD, G37 Sedan Journey, G37x Sedan AWD, G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, G37 Sedan Sport Appearance Edition, G37x Sedan AWD Sport Appearance Edition, G37 Sedan Limited Edition and G37x Sedan AWD Limited Edition. It goes on sale in September 2011.
2012 Infiniti G37 Coupe
For 2012, the G Coupe is again available in both rear-wheel and all-wheel drive and comes equipped with a standard 3.7-liter VQ-series V6 with VVEL (for Variable Valve Event and Lift) rated at 330 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. The engine is backed by a choice of an electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with available magnesium paddle shifters or a 6-speed manual. There are no major refinements for the new model year.
Also offered is the limited production IPL (Infiniti Performance Line) G Coupe, which was introduced in 2011. The IPL G Coupe’s advanced VQ37HR 3.7-liter V6 engine generates 348 horsepower – an increase of 18 horsepower over the non-IPL models – and 276 lb-ft of torque (+6 lb-ft).
The IPL G Coupe’s unique exterior includes a dramatic front and rear bumper/fascia design with integrated fog lights and black finishers, sculpted side sills, rear spoiler and chrome exhaust tips and exclusive 19-inch IPL split 7-spoke graphite-finish wheels and low-profile W-rated Bridgestone Potenza RE50A performance tires. The IPL G Coupe is offered in just two exterior colors: Graphite Shadow and Malbec Black.
Key highlights of the 2012 Infiniti G Coupe include:
- Dynamic exterior design, featuring seductive and muscular shapes, including flowing front fender lines with low silhouette roofline, strong side character lines and side sills, wave-form hood.
- Aggressive front end aerodynamics and styling with smooth front fascia, integrated fog lamps and double-arch grille.
- Infiniti signature L-shape High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-functional xenon headlights and large LED Infiniti G-style taillights, large trunk opening and integrated RearView Monitor camera (standard on all models except G37 Coupe base).
- Inside, the G37 Coupe blends unique materials and finishes with traditional Japanese design cues. Interior features include a predominately white color scheme for the gauges and LCD instrument display, “Shodo” aluminum trim inspired by the traditional art of Japanese calligraphy and available high-gloss Maple accents.
- The G37 Coupe also includes an extensive list of available technology features, including a touch screen navigation system with XM NavTraffic® Real-Time Traffic information (XM® subscription required, sold separately), RearView Monitor and an available 11-speaker Infiniti Studio on Wheels® by Bose® audio system.
The complete lineup of 2012 G Coupes now stands at six exciting models: Infiniti G37 Coupe, Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey, Infiniti G37x Coupe AWD, Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport 6MT, Infiniti IPL G Coupe and Infiniti IPL G Coupe 6MT. The 2012 Infiniti G37 Coupe goes on sale in September 2011.
2012 Infiniti G37 Convertible
Now in its fourth year of production, the 2012 Infiniti G Convertible again features athletic, well-proportioned coupe-like styling (with the top raised), flowing front fenders, wave-like hood, signature Infiniti double-arch grille. Its exclusive body structure for open-top use includes unique panels from A-pillar rearward (compared to the G Coupe) and an exclusive three-piece power retractable hardtop with one-button operation.
Modifications compared to the G Coupe include a wider rear track, modified rear suspension and a special convertible-focused interior with rear Pop-up Roll Bars and available Bose® front seat Personal Speakers and available climate-controlled front seats. For 2012, the previous Limited Edition package is no longer available. Other changes include the addition of a standard spare tire (replacing the previous repair kit).
Key highlights of the 2012 Infiniti G Convertible include:
- Standard leather-appointed seating and an available Bose® Open Air Sound System that dynamically changes equalization based on outside noise, vehicle speed, and top position, and an adaptive climate control system that adjusts fan speed in accordance to top position and vehicle speed.
- Technology features include standard RearView Monitor and available Pre-Crash Seat Belts and Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC). The G’s available Infiniti Navigation System includes XM NavTraffic® Real-Time Traffic Information, NavWeather™ with Real-Time Weather and 3-day forecast (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Streaming Audio via Bluetooth® and Zagat Survey® Restaurant Guide. The system also features a touch screen and Voice Recognition.
- Every 2012 G Convertible comes equipped with a standard 3.7-liter VQ-series V6 with VVEL (for Variable Valve Event and Lift) rated at 325 horsepower. The engine is backed by a choice of an electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with available solid magnesium paddle shifters or a responsive close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission.
- The G37 Convertible Sport 6MT adds sport-tuned steering and larger sport brakes, along with 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and W-rated performance tires.
The 2012 G37 Convertible is available in G37 Convertible and G37 Convertible Sport 6MT models. It is scheduled to go on sale in September 2011.
2012 Infiniti QX
Following its total redesign for 2011, the Infiniti QX has experienced record sales and strong media and consumer reviews. Featuring an all-new platform versus the previous generation QX – along with a new exterior and interior – the Infiniti QX is designed to attract and hold viewers’ attention, conveying its underlying sense of power and strength. The styling is dynamic, its size capable of transporting up to eight adults and their belongings with spacious elegance, and its drivetrain rugged enough to handle tasks such as towing boats or trailers (8,500-pound towing capacity, when properly equipped), while also offering 14% better fuel economy (EPA Combined) than the previous generation QX.
Enhancements for the 2012 model year include the addition of Blind Spot Intervention™ to the Technology Package, the addition of the Bose® Cabin Surround® sound system with 15 speakers (two additional for 2012) to the Deluxe Touring Package, the addition of heated second row seats and remote tip-up second row seats to the Theater Package (from the Deluxe Touring Package) and the addition of headlight washers to the QX56 2WD Deluxe Touring Package. In addition, the 22-inch Wheel Package (introduced in late 2011) carries over to 2012.
Key highlights of the 2012 Infiniti QX include:
- A high-stiffness frame structure that enhances ride comfort while reducing noise, vibration and harshness.
- A standard 5.6-liter V8 engine that combines the responsive acceleration of Infiniti’s VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) technology with the efficiency of Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG™) and 7-speed automatic transmission – rated at 400 horsepower and 413 lbs-ft of torque.
- An interior that is long on luxury and comfort, including standard Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System, Around View™ Monitor, Bose® 13-speaker Premium Audio System, available perforated semi-aniline leather-appointed seating and an available Theater Package with dual 7-inch color monitors, which allows different sources to be played at the same time.
The 2012 QX is offered in two fully equipped models – Infiniti QX56 2WD and Infiniti QX56 4WD. It is scheduled to go on sale in August 2011.
2012 Infiniti FX
The Infiniti FX, Infiniti’s iconic performance crossover, enters the 2012 model year with big news – a revised front grille and front fascia design, revised meter illumination, standard heated front seats on all models and the addition of the new Limited Edition FX35 AWD model.
The 2012 FX Limited Edition includes an extensive list of special features, starting with an exclusive Iridium Blue exterior color, 21-inch 10-spoke dark finish aluminum-alloy wheels, dark tinted headlights and roof rail crossbars, aluminum pedal accents, Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System, Around View® Monitor, Graphite interior with unique blue piping on the floor mats and more.
Other 2012 enhancements include a new exterior color, Graphite Shadow (replaces Platinum Graphite), a new 20-inch wheel design for the FX35 Deluxe Touring Package, the addition of Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) to the FX50 Sport Package, and a shift of the quilted leather climate-controlled front seats to the FX35 Deluxe Touring Package from the Premium Package.
Key highlights of the 2012 Infiniti FX include:
- Available with a choice of a 390-horsepower 5.0-liter 32-valve DOHC V8 engine with VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) or with a 303-horsepower 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC V6.
- Both engines are paired with a standard 7-speed automatic transmission featuring Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and available solid magnesium paddle shifters.
- Available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (standard on FX50), double-wishbone front/multi-link rear suspension and large 4-wheel disc brakes, along with available Continuous Damping Control (CDC)®, Rear Active Steer, Intelligent Brake Assist and 6-spoke 21-inch super lightweight aluminum-alloy wheels (FX50 Deluxe Touring Package).
- A warm, modern, inviting environment highlighted by a driver-oriented cockpit with intuitive controls, available sport seating and advanced audio, navigation and technology ranging from an 11-speaker Bose®-developed audio system to Infiniti Intelligent Key, available Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range) and available Around View™ Monitor system.
The 2012 FX is available in three models: FX50 AWD with 5.0-liter V8, FX35 AWD with 3.5-liter V6 and FX35 RWD with 3.5-liter V6. It goes on sale in October 2011.
2012 Infiniti EX
The Infiniti EX35 combines a sleek, sculpted, elegant skin, exhilarating driving performance and an engaging interior environment. Enhancements for the new model year include the addition of HomeLink® Universal Transceiver as standard equipment on the EX35 Journey (previously part of the Deluxe Touring Package).
Key highlights of the 2012 Infiniti EX include:
- Standard advanced 297-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine and 7-speed automatic transmission.
- Available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive.
- Standard 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, available 19-inch wheels and tires (Deluxe Touring Package).
- Available Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system.
- Available Around View™ Monitor utilizes four small cameras located front, side and rear to give the driver a “top-down view” of the outside of the vehicle and help reduce blind spots when parking.
- Other driving aids include available Lane Departure Prevention system (LDP), Intelligent Cruise Control, Distance Control Assist (DCA) and Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning.
- A long list of other available features, including standard leather-appointed seating and RearView Monitor, and available driver’s seat headrest coat hanger, advanced audio systems and power up-folding 2nd row seat.
The 2012 Infiniti EX is available in four models: EX35 RWD, EX35 AWD, EX35 RWD Journey and EX35 AWD Journey. It goes on sale in September 2011.
Infiniti offers a full-line of luxury performance automobiles, including the G Coupe, Sedan and first-ever Convertible, M sedan, EX and FX crossovers, and the QX full-size SUV. More information about Infiniti and its Total Ownership Experience® can be found at www.InfinitiUSA.com
# # #